Trailers

        

The Full Release, Parts 1-6

Watch the full release in six parts on YouTube:
Recommend viewing in High-Definition.




Monday, September 1, 2008

Questions & Answers

Yesterday, I posted this project on a few message boards. I'd just like to say that we are all very excited about the outpouring of positive response so far!!

A number of people had questions about the project so I will try to address them here to the extent that I can and to the extent that I want to (No, I won't tell you who our Stig is).

Q: When will this be out?
A: This seems to be the most asked question so far, which is awesome! I'm glad people are stoked to see the final product. Unfortunately it's still a ways off, for a number of reasons.

First, we literally just finished production. The trailer was the first thing I did after logging all the footage. I'm just starting to get into editing now. I can reasonably project that the final cut of the film will be ready by the end of the year. But we're not a studio looking to time our release or anything; if it's finished sooner, it'll be out sooner.

Second, we may still shoot more. We've talked about going back to a couple places to get "pickup" shots where we may need them. We've also discussed shooting a Top Gear-style in-studio wrap-up scene for the end of the film once I have a rough cut ready. Either of these will mean a delay in editing, but ultimately a better film once all is said and done. So bear with me, I will keep you updated.

Q: Where were the roads?
A: I won't give away any of the exact locations, but just from the trailer and the stills I've put up, you can probably figure out some of where we were. And, I have already stated that the trip began in San Luis Obispo, so that should give some clues.

Q: Is that a Neon?
A: Yes.

Q: Hoping Andy Wilman will get a look at it, eh?
A: We made this film for fun and for ourselves. We're not trying to get anything out of it. But, it would be awesome if Wilman, or Clarkson/Hammond/May ever saw our final product. I'd love to hear what they think of it.

Q: What did you shoot on/what equipment did you use?
A: I'll let our DP field this question as he knows better than I do.

No comments: